Friday, February 20, 2009

A Couple Random Thoughts on a Friday-- 6

It's Friday and I'm bored...

1. ESPN's Streak for Cash- I don't know if any of you have done this or are doing this already, but I highly recommend it for any sports fans looking to win a cool million bucks without even spending a penny. The game can be found right off of ESPN's home page. ESPN gives you about 7 or so selections a day. "Who will win this game?" "Which player will score more points?" With a choice of two potential outcomes, Team A or Team B, Player A or Player B. If you can guess 27 consecutive outcomes in a row, you win $1,000,000 risk free. Sounds doable right? WRONG. I've been involved with this for about a month now and am 13-35-1 currently, that's a .271 clip. Pathetic, I know right! But ESPN is tricky, giving you soccer games and golf outcomes that are nearly impossible to choose. Especially when outside of 6 teams, I know nothing of EURO league soccer. You take my .071 soccer score, and my .000 Tennis score, you can understand my pain. My best win streak is 3, College hoops is the only sport where I stay afloat, makes sense as I am a hoops Guru. I pick results that are supposed to happen, they just never do. I have been a burden to any team I pick. The Magic should beat the Bobcats tonight, that is a choice, I know that if I pick the Magic tonight, they will lose. Murphy's law states, "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Well, lets just rename Murphy's Law and call it Herbie's Law, sounds better and is much more accurate! Even with my disdain and disgust for this game, check it out!

Unfortunately-- that's all I have today, I have to go take a test so I can keep my license and my job!

Don't be upset faithful who helped us turn 3000 yesterday, we were 10 days quicker to 3000 then we were to 2000. Thanks again all..

Have a good weekend

Herbie

1 comment:

New Hampshire Paulo said...

Love ESPN the streak... just wish I could put together even 10W's in a row.