Tuesday, December 2, 2008

NFL Brief- Week 13


Hope every member of The Suite Spot faithful enjoyed their Thanksgiving, ate a lot of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, pies and whatever your favorite dish might be not mentioned. That said, after attacking my second helping of all the fixings I headed to the downstairs of my grandparents house to watch the traditional turkey day Lions game. It took me only 25 years to figure out why they put the Lions on Thanksgiving. Tryptophan folks, tryptophan!!! This amino acid that has been proven to cause drowsiness is the perfect supplement to a healthy nap for any Lions game. When I turned the game on it was the beginning of the second quarter, the score was already 21-3 in favor of Tennessee. I knew the game wouldn't be close, but please at least let me catch up with family I haven't seen for a year before I turn out the lights. The Lions ARE THE TRYPTOPHAN of the NFL, and its a shame that the people who schedule games haven't figured this one out for any part of the last 15 years, maybe they have been in a sleep-induced coma? Maybe I'm mad, or maybe I just want to enjoy football a little more after such a delicious feast.

I don't even want to give Plaxico Burress any ink here, but is it necessary to have a gun in a nightclub, and own it without a permit. Obviously you shouldn't have a gun in your pocket if you don't know that there is a safety button that will prevent it from "accidentally" shooting yourself in the foot. A player like this should be fired forever. If I, working for any other company was caught doing things criminal, my employer would have the right to can me, the NFL should do it right now, fire Plaxico and use this as a precedence. Criminal behavior should be allowed in the NFL as much as O.J. Simpson should have walked. There is no place for it.

On a lighter side--- this week's power of 5

1. Giants- will find a way to win with/without Plax
2. Titans- running game and defense too strong
3. Steelers- Best run D in the league, and a secondary to go with it
4. Panthers- Stewart and Williams proving to be a deadly 1-2 punch at RB
5. Dallas- With Romo back and D getting healthier, watch out

As always please check out the website, http://the-suite-spot.blogspot.com/ and thanks for supporting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not sure how much of a 1-2 punch Williams and Stewart are. It seems like more the 1-1-1-1-1-2-1 punch now that Deangalo is dominating. Williams with 5 straight games with a TD and well on his way to 1,200+ rushing yards. Stewart is just a normal back-up now.

-Joe from Pawtuckett