Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jon Gruden--oops


Jon Gruden when asked on the world series, " I think the Devil Rays will win the series" Earth to you Jon- The Devil was stripped from the name a year ago. No body still says I hope the Washington Bullets win tonight, its the Wizards. Being politically correct is the new thing, and I totally don't agree with it. I want the days of the Bullets, Devil Rays, and theRedman. Its too bad that's not how it is now. But Jon if you're coaching football in a city that's baseball team is trying to win a championship, at least sound like you know a team plays baseball in Tampa Bay. It took everyone outside of Tampa 10 years, thats long enough... be a leader!

2 comments:

New Hampshire Paulo said...

I gotta side with the Suite Spot on this one, I prefer teams kept their name regardless of the whole "PC" movement.

How many times does a team need to change their name, Devil Rays, D-Rays, now Rays (which I'm sure has fans of the late Croc Hunter, Steve Irwin saying "hold on by crikey").

Shame on Johnny for not knowing the Devil has been dropped outa the Rays name, but honestly for the sake of all those people buying hats, jerseys, etc. STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME PRO SPORTS TEAMS (same goes for you Chad Johnson or Ocho Cinco or Lamo or whatever your name is these days)

Brewers, I'm ready if you need me for the imminent "Save the beer" campaign

Mean Gene's Progeny said...

All Syracuse Orangemen fans can identify with this...